Damon self-ligating braces at Denta Clinic in London
The Damon Brace System is an innovative form of orthodontic treatment and utilises unique mechanics to move teeth.
Call us now on:
Your appearance can make a huge difference in your confidence during the day, and a healthy smile is one of the first things people notice. If you have crooked teeth, a bad bite or other dental challenges, it can even be difficult for you to find the success you want as a professional.
What are Damon braces?
Damon braces are self-ligating appliances that are fitted in the same way as traditional metal braces. But instead of having brackets that tighten and adjust the braces regularly, Damon braces use a slide mechanism that attaches wires to brackets to move naturally with the teeth as they realign. This makes them more comfortable, better looking and able to provide strong results in a shorter time.
Why choose Damon braces?
The Damon System is not just about revolutionary braces and wires, it’s a whole new way of treating patients. Traditional treatment often requires removal of healthy teeth and/or the use of palatal expanders to make space. This approach is often uncomfortable, takes longer, and can leave a narrower arch and a flat profile. Damon smiles are full, natural 10-tooth smiles achieved with light biologically-sensible forces, and are specifically designed to improve the overall facial result of each patient.
Traditional braces are tied in with elastics, which cause friction and pressure, making treatment slower and less comfortable. Damon braces use a slide mechanism to hold the wire, which allows teeth to move more freely, quickly and comfortably.
Damon braces have a number of benefits over traditional braces.
- Appearance. Their clear brackets make them more aesthetically pleasing because they are virtually invisible.
- Faster treatment time.
- Less in-office maintenance.
- Less pressure on the teeth, resulting in less pain.
- Less friction, which avoids erosion and deterioration of the teeth.
- Fewer places for plaque and bacteria to accumulate on the braces.
- Clinical studies have found that Damon braces are more effective at correcting severe crowding, are more comfortable and have a lower relapse rate.
Find out more about the Damon System at www.damonbraces.com.