Call us now on:
The practice is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), GDC, NHS and other standards.
The practice only keeps relevant information about employees for the purposes of employment, and about patients to provide them with safe and appropriate dental care.
The person responsible for Data Protection is Ingrida Mankeviciene and can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following kinds of information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, national insurance number, NHS number, address, telephone number, email address, occupation
- Information about yourdental and general health, including clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
- X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans of your mouth and teeth, and study models
- Medical and dental histories
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Correspondence from other health professionals or institutions involved in your care
- Details of the fees we have charged, payments exemptions (NHS), the amounts you have paid and some payment details
- Feedback and complaints
- CCTV images
- Online profile and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us and
- Our websites, including for example Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns – including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
How we obtain information
You may give us information about you through the following:
- Filling in forms at our practices or on our websites.
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Through the technology you use to access our services
Information we receive from third parties – this includes information you provide when you visit our websites, for the purpose of booking an appointment with a dentist at Denta Clinic Practice, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site.
What is a 'cookie'?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the web browser of your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. The information that is collected is unique to you and only the server that delivered the cookie will be able to retrieve or read its contents.
The benefits of cookies
Different kinds of cookies do different things – from making a website fully functional and easier to use, to enabling website owners to understand more about their visitors.
- Ensure your privacy is safeguarded in any secure area
- Find out which pages are most relevant to you
- Keep details that can personally identify you
- Track your browsing after you’ve left our website
- Sell or distribute information about you without your consent
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Enabling cookies in your web browser is necessary if you wish your selections to be remembered for future visits on the same computer. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.To learn more about how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
More information on how Google uses this data can be found here. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you email notifications;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.